InfraGard is a partnership between the FBI and the private sector, dedicated to the protection of the United States and the American people. It is an association of persons who represent businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to sharing information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the U.S. There is no cost to becoming a member. In order to maintain a level of trust within the membership, all applicants undergo a background check performed by the FBI (for this reason InfraGard membership is currently limited to United States citizens).
Along with your InfraGard membership comes great responsibility. We value active members who are willing to devote their time, effort and talent to help build this organization and achieve our goals of protecting the American people. You will be a representative of the nation's largest volunteer organization dedicated to critical infrastructure protection.
Benefits of joining InfraGard:
- Access to InfraGard’s secure web portal, featuring a comprehensive suite of threat intelligence products and daily news feeds from the FBI, DHS and other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Quarterly chapter meetings featuring subject matter experts and timely counter-terrorism and security topics.
- Invitations to InfraGard seminars, conferences and tabletop exercises throughout the year.
- FBI and other government agency presentations at member events.
- Peer-to-peer collaboration and networking with other companies representing critical infrastructure. Fact: 350 of our nation’s Fortune 500 have a representative in InfraGard.
- Receive time-sensitive, infrastructure-related security information from government sources such as the FBI and DHS.
- Network with your peers from other companies that help maintain our national infrastructure.
- Best of all, there is no cost to join InfraGard Wisconsin! *
All InfraGard members are associated with a local chapter. There is no 'National' membership.
* There are no dues required as a condition of membership. Members are advised however that there are costs associated with providing a quality experience. InfraGard Wisconsin invites our members to consider contributing through our Friends of InfraGard program.
Following the link below will take you to the national Infragard.org site where you may complete your application. You will be asked to give your SS# and the FBI will conduct a background check on you regardless of other clearances you may or may not currently hold or have held in the past.
To apply click here for the InfraGard Membership application. Read the Applicant Requirements, enter all required information and press [Submit]. Make sure you select the Wisconsin Members Alliance chapter.
A few notes:
- When completing the Criminal History section read and respond very carefully. Records are NOT sealed for the FBI and records you think may have been expunged may not have been.
- Once you have been approved as a member, you will receive a temporary password that will give you access to the national InfraGard portal.
- DO NOT LOSE YOUR SECRET QUESTION ANSWERS or YOUR SECRET CODE. These will be established when you first setup your account. If you lose these it can be very problematic and time consuming to get your account reset.
- LOG INTO THE SITE AT LEAST EVERY 60-90 DAYS otherwise your account may be marked inactive!
- When your application has been received, you will receive a confirmation that it was submitted successfully.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you receive an error message, please refresh your browser or select a different browser and try again to complete the application.
Once you become a member you will begin receiving emails from our local chapter as well as from the national organization.
We look forward to you joining our chapter and being a part of protecting Wisconsin's critical infrastructure.